Stephanie at Mostly Blue with a Touch of Pink wrote to me: “I awarded your blogs the "Stylish Blogger Award" in a post today…”
I have noticed award buttons in the side-bars of many of the blogs I enjoy reading. Now I will have one of my own!
What do blog awards actually mean? I have come to the conclusion they are a way of letting everyone know, in a public way, that someone enjoys reading a particular blog. They are also a way of spreading a little joy throughout the blogosphere. Who can fail to smile and feel happy when someone says, “I’ve awarded your blog an award”? We all spend a lot of time writing. Isn’t it wonderful to find out that someone has been sharing and enjoying our posts? Awards are also a way of letting others know about our favourite blogs. I love following recommended links. Who know what treasures I will discover while I’m hopping across the blogosphere? And lastly, awards are an excellent way of getting to know each other a little better.
So I am really pleased Stephanie enjoys reading my blogs Sue ElvisWrites and Stories of an Unschooling Family. As I sit here writing this, I have a huge smile on my face. Thank you, Stephanie for sending some joy my way. And thank you for sharing my posts and stopping to comment regularly and adding to the conversation. I always love hearing from you.
Awards are meant to be shared and passed on, but before I can do that I have to share 7 things about myself. What haven't I already told you here on my blogs? Well...
- I am a first born child. Can you tell I am a bossy oldest sister?
- I am short sighted. Did you suspect I wear contact lenses? I wore glasses as a teenager and was so vain I wouldn't even wear them in the dark when Andy took me to the movies.
- I studied botany and biochemistry at university but I can't keep a pot plant alive.
- I haven't owned a pair of high heeled shoes since I was a vain and senseless university student. In those days I even tottered through the snow in tall heels.
- I am a no make-up girl except for a quick coating of mascara.
- I once said I'd never be a Catholic, and I'd like either 2 or 4 children. Good thing God knew better.
- I hardly ever watch movies but I love a good book especially if it's a Kindle book.
I hope I can make a few bloggers smile by passing on this award. I have one huge problem: I have to nominate only 5 bloggers and I would really love to spread the joy to all the bloggers I follow. This is so difficult… I think I will nominate 5 very different blogs, so here are my choices…
- 1. A Catholic blog: Noreen at Rosary Mom because her blog shines with her love of Our Blessed Mother Mary, and her passion to end abortion. I also love Noreen’s book and movie reviews. And she is a beautiful person.
- 2 An art blog: Vicky at Victoria Leach –Portrait Art because I am in awe of her artistic talent. I love watching one of Vicky’s drawings come to life as she posts progress updates. To me, it’s magical.
- 3. A homeschooling blog: Leanne at Roses, Tea andOur Lady because so often Leanne and I visit each other’s blogs to discover we’ve independently written on similar topics. We always seem to be in tune with each other and I love sharing with my dear friend.
- 4. A writer’s blog: Ellen at Plot, Line andSinker. Ellen is such a talented writer. I have enjoyed her Catholic fiction novels immensely. I have read every single one of them. Sigh! And I am impatiently waiting for her to write some more. Ellen's most recent novel is Stealing Jenny. I love Ellen's book reviews and always visit her blog when I'm looking for something new to read.
- 5. A grief blog: Sarah at She Brings Joy because Sarah so eloquently shares her feelings and stories of her daughter Beatrix. As a bereaved mother myself, I can relate to all Sarah’s posts and I’m sure this blog is connecting many grieving parents who are looking for a kindred spirit, someone who understands.
- 6. A teenager’s blog: Imogen at Dancing with Dragonflies because I love her interesting stories and her style of writing. And I love her!
I have broken the rules and nominated a 6th blog because I want to increase the smiles…
I hope the above bloggers will nominate their favourite 5 blogs and tell us 7 things about themselves.
Thank you, Stephanie!